Some of my favorite parts sources:
- Matz Autoteile specializes in NOS Opel and DKW parts. They are among the best sources for genuine Opel parts. Their large stock is the result of having bought up Opel dealers' remaining parts inventories over MANY years. Not only do they have an amazing selection of parts, but their prices are also very reasonable. They are the first place an Opel dealer will call for an obsolete part.
Zur Bleiche 51
Phone +49 461 99012
matz-autoteile [AT] t-online [DOT] de
- Lutz Obere Opel Classic Parts. Lutz Obere is THE source for reproduction parts, especially rubber and plastic. If he does not have a repro, it is not available in decent quality.
Opel Classic Parts
6418 BM Heerlen
Phone +31 45 5490 151
info [AT] opel-classic-parts [DOT] com
- Vintage Imports. Matt Moore is very active on Ebay. Look for seller ID europarts4auction. His inventory is much larger than what he has on Ebay, so ask him for specific parts.
Phone +1 937 252 6412
matt [AT] always-jaguar [DOT] com
- For a long time no decent windshield gaskets were available for the Rekord P models. Klaus Reinheimer of OTR has finally filled the gap. New reproduction windshield rubber is available for EUR 99.
Phone +49 5691 628503
Fax +49 5691 628504
OpelOtr [AT] aol [DOT] com
Brake parts are a problem on 1950s Opels. Wheel cylinders are now available as reproduction parts from Matz, but they are fairly expensive. If your cylinders are still rebuildable (and they usually are - use a grease gun for disassembly), you can source recent production seals from Helge Harenborg. Look for Ebay seller ID taratex.
helge.harenborg [AT] ewetel [DOT] net
- Another good source for brake parts is Kortner Oldtimer KFZ Ersatzteile und Bremsendienst. Prices are not as good as Helge Harenborg's but he has a large selection of new and NOS brake parts for all kinds of cars.
Oldtimer KFZ Ersatzteile und Bremsendienst
Mackenburger Str. 65
Phone +49 5202 88694
Fax +49 5202 925745
If none of the above can supply a part you are looking for, feel free to contact me for additional suggestions. Who knows, I even may have it my own parts stash.
Do you have Opel parts that you want to sell? Please contact me - I am always looking for parts for my cars.